Curation, Social Media and Jeff Hopkins

with 3 Comments

Photo by Tim Mossholder on Unsplash

Curation:

This week I worked on getting things in one place to make things easier! I used Freedly to put in all my classmates blogs as well as some other blogs I like to follow! I was thinking if I just leave this open as a tab on my browser I can review them whenever I have a minute! Easy peasy! Then I realized I can also keep track of twitter on there too! I feel like this will also help me to keep track of my peers and teachers I like to follow and get inspiration from while I am in practicum and in my career! To set this up yourself go to http://freedly.com

Social Media:

Although I started a twitter at the start of the term I had actually not really started using it. This week I downloaded it on to my phone and I started following I am now following 39 people… Not a lot but it is a start! I realized this could be a good way to stay connected to outdoor education and educators that I have been missing so much since leaving nature k! I haven’t thought of something interesting enough to tweet yet… but that will be my next step for sure. Follow me on Twitter~ @erinvanstone

Learning Design: Jeff Hopkins

Listen to hear my learning from Jeff!

Watch this GREAT TED talk by him!!!

3 Responses

1. jaimem
    |

Erin, I love how your blog this week has so many different components – photos, audio, a youtube video – it is super engaging! You’ve also inspired me to look into Freedly! Great post!

2. gpaulson
    |

Whoa! You’re a blogging pro!

3. erinvs
    |

HA! Thanks guys!